Friday, December 5, 2014

Xmas Quilt

Today I would like to show you an old pre-blogging days (xmas 2012) quilt finish.  It is a Christmas quilt I made for my family so it felt right to show it today at the start of our holiday season.

I made the quilt using the Briar Rose pattern by England Street Quilts and a jelly roll of Joy by Kate Spain.  Joy is still one of my favorite Xmas fabric collections with its addition of the blue prints.  I still have a charm pack of Joy that I am hoarding :)

I made this quilt before I got my Bernina so it was pieced and quilted on my old 1980's slant shank Singer.  The sewing machine does not have any sort of extension table so quilting this large lap size quilt was a bit difficult and hard on the wrists.  I used a loopy quilting pattern with some stars and my families name thrown in once and a while.



In other news, thank you so much for making the launch of Looking Glass such a success!  The pattern reached the #2 best seller spot on craftsy.  You can still get the pattern for the reduced price of $5.50 for one more day (the pattern will go up to its full price on Sunday Dec 7th).  You can find the pattern in both my Etsy shop and Craftsy shop.







10 comments:

  1. Your 2012 Xmas quilt is beautiful, Cheryl. I hope it gets a lot of snuggly use. Congratulations on the success of your Looking Glass pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a quilt using this pattern last year and really like how it used scraps. I had never thought of using the design for a Christmas version. Thank you for sharing your great idea, I might just steal it and make myself a new Christmas tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the success of Looking Glass. I love your quilt. It is interesting how different fabrics can change the feel of a pattern so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 how exciting :). It's such a great pattern. Love that quilt, maybe someday I will have a Christmas quilt. It's on the bucket list with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the Looking Glass pattern! Your Christmas quilt is beautiful!! So festive :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty xmas quilt! And congrats on your pattern success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt, and congratulations on being no. 2 in the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on the Craftsy Charts!!! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like this quilt! Joy is one of my favourite Christmas lines too. I love the trees and the strings of lights.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!