Saturday, July 16, 2016

Mid-Year Review

Yvonne over at Quilting Jetgirl just kicked off a fun linky party, a mid-year review link up!


I think that we sometimes get so busy with work, family, quilting, and life that we tend to forget our accomplishments and achievements throughout the year.  This link up party allowed me to take some time to reflect on the first half of 2016 (seriously, how is half of 2016 over already?)

Here are my quilt-related major accomplishments this year...



1.  Pattern Writing Workshop Series

I hosted a Pattern Writing Workshop Series early this year which taught how to take a quilt design in a sketchbook all the way through to a fully developed quilt pattern through over 25 blog posts.  The series detailed the creation of a real pattern to make the series less abstract and more practical and a number of pattern designers joined on round table discussions to share their experiences and methods.  All of the postings can be found in the Pattern Writing Blog Series tab above.



2.  Mystery Quilts

The Midnight Mystery Quilt (at left) finished up with a reveal parade in March with over 110 quilts and quilt tops being submitted!  Seeing the finished quilts/quilt tops and sewing along with the Facebook Group was definitely a highlight for the year!

The Meadow Mystery Quilt just kicked off this month and it is starting strong.  So many quilters are joining our Facebook Group (now over 1,200 members!) and sharing their fabrics.  It's not too late to join in, you can find the fabric requirements here.



3.  Finished Quilts

I love blogging as it helps record all of my quilt finishes, looking back I had actually finished more quilts than I had remembered.  I completed and shared 12 quilts on the blog (and finished 5 secret-sewing quilts that I have not been able to share yet).  Here is a complication of the quilts, you can click the picture to see more pictures and details about the quilt.




Thanks for reflecting with me! Be sure to check out all of the mid-year posts on Yvonne's blog.





13 comments:

  1. That is quite the review - you got lots done in just 6 months! And your 12 finishes are just beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many quilts done in 6 months PLUS you work full time. Don't know how you do it. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you presented your quilt finishes here, Cheryl. They are a beautiful grouping. I'm glad the linky party spoke to you and I am definitely excited to catch up on how the year is going for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to take the time to reflect and review. You've done so much! And you didn't even list the New Quilt Blogger's Hop, which is awesome and I know was so much work. You're very humble Cheryl, but that's one of the reasons I like you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making the Blithe quilt for my 12 year old grandson...great pattern! Doing a mid year review is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what to say to this. Each year goes by faster than the previous. The older I get the more my preferences to things change. I'm a teacher/trainer and now a quilter. I need to find the thing that I am good at and will carry me to success. You clearly found yours in quilting. I always look forward to your posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot of quilts and accomplishments this year so far. You are such an inspiration to so many in the quilting world and personally, one of my favorite bloggers. I applaud all the hard work you do on your blog, all the while having a family AND maintaining a full time job. You have super-hero time management skills in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love of the collage of your pretty quilts! Well Done, Cheryl!! :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Massive accomplishments, for sure! Thanks for the awesome Mystery Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a wonderful job of accomplishing your goals, Cheryl. I am especially impressed by the Pattern Writing Workshop Series. And your Mystery Quilt alongs are always a big hit! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous quilts. I love them all. 'Looks like you have really met your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Twelve quilts in 6 months is pretty impressive. Can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!