Thursday, August 11, 2016

WIP - Snowflake Shimmer - Cut Fabrics

I am participating in Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl's first Quilt Along called Snowflake Shimmer and so far the fabric selection and cutting instructions have been posted.

 


I am on track with this quilt along and have my fabrics selected and now all cut out. I am making a mini Snowflake Shimmer for my sewing room wall (so all of my pieces are scaled down by 4x from the original instructions).

My version of Snowflake Shimmer will contain Widescreen Crosshatch in black by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman, Cotton Couture in Candlelight from Michael Miller, and Kona Cotton in Turquoise by Robert Kaufman.

Here are my cut fabrics, all ready to be pieced :)


Thanks Yvonne for hosting such a fun quilt along! (There is a great Facebook group so everyone can share their fabrics and in-progress pics.) 






4 comments:

  1. A mini??? Now I want to make a mini. Can't wait to see yours progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do a half size. I hope to figure it out. I have the fabrics picked but haven't cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing it all ready to piece. It is going to be so exciting to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric choices are going to work really well in that pattern. Looking forward to seeing your version come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!